PART-TIME MARKETING/FARM ASSISTANT
The marketing assistant will help with all tasks related to marketing and promoting alpaca fiber products. Emphasis will be placed on marketing and promoting artisan roving to hand-spinners.
The position is ideal for someone who may be studying marketing or agriculture business, or needing to gather some valuable experience for their chosen career.
The emphasis of the position is marketing tasks; however, the person will have the opportunity to work in the barn, learning about alpacas and their fiber (including participating in shearing day, skirting, and sorting fleece).
This is not a work from home position; however, the schedule is flexible. The majority of the work will be completed at the farm. Keep in mind, as a retail business, the fall and winter holiday season are the busiest times. Ability to work some weekends to participate in off-farm events is a consideration.
An interest in fiber arts is preferable, but mainly looking for someone who enjoys marketing/promotion type work, doesn’t mind participating in barn activities, is self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Packaging and labeling product as it comes back from the mill
- Production of marketing materials
- Building product pages on the e-commerce website
- Writing content for the website and customer emails
- Posting to social media platforms (write and schedule posts on a regular basis) and responding to customer comments/messages
- Proposing ideas for new content (videos, photographs, blog posts, social posts, etc)
- Proactively taking photos and video of farm happenings and merchandise
- Responding to online sales inquiries
- Preparing orders for shipping
- Interfacing with farm customers (either on farm or off-farm events)
- Assisting in other farm and marketing/promotion activities as necessary
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented and a self-starter
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of relevant marketing tools and applications
- Experience in fiber arts (knitting, crochet, weaving, felting, hand-spinning) preferred but not required; willingness to gain familiarity with how fiber artists use natural animal fibers is a must
- Experience in photography, videography, social media platforms, and email platforms desired
- High school diploma required, with some college education preferred (will consider relevant experience in lieu of formal college education)
If interested, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.